Wednesday 26 December 2012

Sweet Returns

Okay, so I have a confession to make: this isn't my first blog. Or even my only blog :O I always start off full of enthusiasm and high hopes and then after about 5 posts or so I sorta run out of steam and the posts slowly start to dwindle off and eventually stop altogether.
I should be compared to a tropical storm leaving a trail of destruction and abandoned blogs behind. So consider this fair warning when a month down the track my posts stop altogether again. You only have yourself to blame.

So, this blog was originally started as a diary of our journey converting my in-laws garage into a small apartment. Well, we're still going through with the project but we've put it on hold for now, and probably won't be starting till halfway through next year. We've decided on postponing this for several reasons but namely we're happy and comfortable in our current situation and not in a rush to get started. Mainly focusing on family (now that we have a new addition to our family!) and setting ourselves up in a new state and town.

So in the meantime, there's another area of my life that I've been focusing on over the past couple of months which I would love to share with the blogging world. Since I made the birthday cake for my sons 1st birthday, I've been very interested in baking and cake decorating. I've sorta sat back and waited for opportunities to come up to make a new cake and learn new techniques but realised about two months ago that in the past 3 years I've only had about 2 opportunities come up to try out new things! So stuff it, I'm done with sitting around and waiting for life to throw me some parties or celebrations to bake for, I've decided to go ahead and make my own opportunities!



Hence the Cake-A-Month Challenge. Over the next year I am going to produce a new cake (or cupcakes, or cake pops - basically anything involving batter and an oven lol!) every month. Every month I'm going to focus on something new, something I've really wanted to learn or experiment with, and I'm going to try to produce beautiful, yummy cakes!

I'm actually a little bit late with this post, I actually began this challenge a month ago but only decided to start blogging about it now because now that I've finished the first month I'm even more determined to keep going. So keep tuned for the first post about the first cake in my Cake-A-Month Challenge: the snowflake themed Christmas cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment