Monday 31 December 2012

Pretty As A Picture - Using The Histogram

I found a link to this article on Pinterest on tips that photographers wish they knew about sooner and one of the items mentioned was using the histogram on the camera. Well I had no idea what a histogram is so I looked it up and found this awesome site explaining what the histogram is and how to read it and apply it to your photography.
Of course I had to go and start practicing with it straightaway! After all, practice makes perfect...or so they say :) Here are some photos I took using the histogram to view the exposure and manually setting the exposure compensation.



I thought the photos came out beautifully - although, I will confess that I played around a little bit with Photoshop on the middle photo to wash out the background a bit more. Aren't my boys beautiful? <3

No comments:

Post a Comment