Friday 4 January 2013

Pretty As A Picture - Bloody White Balance!!

So for anyone that saw the photos I'd been taking in my recent posts probably would have noticed that all my photos were coming out kinda bluish. Well I noticed it anyway, and it was driving me batty!! I sorta figured that the reason they were coming out bluish was to do with the special insulated windows we have in the house and they must have been acting as some sort of special filter bringing out the blue tones.

Well, it sounded nice and all scientific-ish (yes, that is now a word: scientific-ish :P ), but I was waaaay off the mark. Turns out that while playing around with the manual settings, somehow I'd changed the white balance to yellow tungsten lighting, so the camera was compensating by bringing out the blue hues in everything. Meanwhile what I really needed the white balance on was the shade setting which made my photos start coming out looking warm and closer to what I was really seeing with my own eyes.

So without further ado, here are some redo's of my choc-chip cookies with the right settings:



No comments:

Post a Comment