Monday 15 April 2013

Vanilla-Almond Butter Cookies


So I have a few tubs of leftover frosting in my freezer from previous cakes, there's cherry brandy frosting, lemon SMBC, milk chocolate ganache, and white chocolate ganache. I don't think I'll be making another cake with the cherry brandy frosting or the lemon SMBC for awhile so I've been trying to think of some ways to use the tubs up.
So I decided this weekend to make some vanilla cookies and spread frosting on the top. Mmmm, they were soooo darn good so I thought I'd share them.


I spread cherry brandy frosting on half of the cookies and left the other half plain. I didn't end up using the lemon SMBC this time, I might use that next weekend.
I reaaaally liked this cookie recipe, not many things make it onto my make again list, but this recipe is definitely a keeper. They're incredibly simple to make, nothing fancy in the ingredients other than the almond essence, which is optional anyway (although I highly recommend adding the almond essence, it's definitely worth it!).

Vanilla-Almond Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 Cup softened butter
1 Cup sugar
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract* (optional)
2 Cups plain flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 175C (350F).
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg, vanilla, almond extract and beat well.
Mix in flour.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

* I like almond flavoring so I added a full teaspoon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment